The kitchen is undoubtedly the busiest part of the house. This is where you cook, prepare, and store food. Even the kids go to the kitchen to grab their snacks and whatever food or beverage they need. Not only should the kitchen be kept organized, but it should also be always clean, too.
With kitchen cabinets, you shouldn’t just worry about the design. It is more important to focus on the functionality of your kitchen cabinetry. But if you’re replacing your old ones, then this is your chance to pick kitchen cabinet designs that are both decorative and functional.
Here are some decorative and functional kitchen cabinet designs that you may choose from:
- Rotating Shelves. This is a good idea to install in corner cabinets. Just turn each shelf around and you can see all the other items easily. Usually, homeowners use rotating shelves on upper cabinets, so family members won’t have a hard time looking for items that are placed deep inside the cabinet.
- Pull-Out Shelves on Blind Corner. This option is used when you have a narrow cabinet door. The pull out shelves help provide larger storage space.
- Appliance Cabinet. While you’re at it, get the cabinet maker to make a cabinet where you can store small kitchen appliances too. This will help you have more space on the countertop to work with.
- Drawers. Adding drawers is always a must because this is where you’ll store utensils, knives, and cutleries for easy access.
- Vertical Dividers. Install vertical dividers in your base cabinets for easy access.
These kitchen cabinet designs should help you save space and improve the functionality of your kitchen cabinets. Do keep in mind that you should also be creative in the kitchen cabinet designs you will pick. This is your chance to achieve the kitchen interior you dream of. Mix up the materials with wood and glass. Add mirrored backsplash for an illusion of more space. Paint the kitchen with fresh colors to achieve a light and calm mood.
Call a professional and start building your dream kitchen today!