A well-engineered master bathroom will provide comfort for years. However, bathroom remodeling provides pleasure for a lifetime. Your bathroom is a tricky space, with lots of moving parts crammed into a tight footprint; not to mention all the possible places for leaks. Setting a budget and planning are two ways to keep bathroom remodeling on track.
When you are investing on bathroom remodeling projects, you may want to make sure that the results not only please you, but also add value to your home. Knowing all the possible situations during the process will help you get ready for your master bathroom remodeling project.
If you are a first timer, paying a visit to decorator show houses and bathroom showrooms would give you opportunities to get ideas for your project. Do not let the budget limit what you want. There is no material too luxurious or too unusual for bathroom remodeling since your bathroom is supposed to be your own private escape.
However, here are some considerations you must take note of:
- Having radiant flooring keeps your floors warm underfoot on cold morning. It also accelerates drying which reduces the risk of slips and falls.
- Skylights add appeal to any room, though some still prefer natural light as a healthy add-on to your room. But if bathrooms are located deep within a home, windows may not be an option.
- Mirrors are also nice accessories used to accentuate bathrooms. Some designers, however, say that wall-to-wall mirrors have become out-of-date. As an alternative, framed mirrors present a design opportunity in bathroom remodeling. You may try matching the profile of mirror frame with the moldings for a coordinated look or choose something very different to create a focal point.
- Choosing appropriate surfaces for your master bathroom does more than just contribute to the overall aesthetic. Porcelain is a popular option for bathroom sinks. However, it is very prone to chipping. Granite and quartz have traveled from the kitchen to the bathroom, where they deliver the same durability and visual interest in bathroom remodeling.
- Using cost effective materials in bathroom remodeling gives you more freedom to splurge on other parts of the bathroom such as the shower and the tub.
These considerations will help you create a calm and quiet retreat in your home. Do not be afraid to add that extra bit of luxury to achieve a spa-like bathroom.